Friday, December 1, 2017

#Blogchatterprojects #HealthisDiamond- Here is Why Putting Your Health First Should be a Priority?

“Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings”- Publilius Syrus.
Very well said, it is true that good Health is the most precious gift of the god, and it is not just about the freedom from the disease condition, it is about an overall well-being of the person. With good health, we can make the full use of our life compared to those who live with various disease conditions.

 According to the Who, “Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. There is the number of reasons, why good health is so important. (And I know you all already know that it is just a quick reminder)

With good health: 

  •   We can live longer
  • We can enjoy our life to fullest
  •   Defenately we will look good and feel good.
  •   We will have better mood, increased energy and more productivity. 
  •  We will have better immunity and less chances of repeated infection.
  •  We will have lower chances of various chronic and lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases.
  • We will have reduced medical bill expenses.  We would be able to cope with routine stress much better


Of course, we all know these great advantages of being healthy. But, despite these well known facts, sometimes “Health”, has become one of the most ignored aspects of life. Many people learn its importance after a major wake up call.

I was one of them.

 “It was almost 9 years ago, when I was expecting our first child. During second trimester of pregnancy, I had a sudden and severe onset of preeclampsia symptoms (high B.P., swelling and oedema, and high protein in urine). My doctor has told me, that my body is not good enough to carry the baby up to full term. Despite repeated hospitalization and close monitoring, I had IUD (intrauterine death of foetus) in 7th month. This was the most painful experience of life. I had lost my all hope and faith from the god. But After an initial recovery from my child loss, I had realised that “good health” is one of the most important thing in life. After lots of reading and various major lifestyle adjustments, I got the gift of motherhood. During these difficult journey, I had learnt an important life lesson that

Your body is your most priceless possession, so go take care of it.”

However I had learnt the most important life lesson after this tragic experience. But, when we have a closer look to various disease statics, results are not so welcoming.

Have a look on this statistics:

  • ·         According to data’s, the burden of chronic diseases and lifestyle diseases is rapidly increasing worldwide. Almost ½ of the total chronic diseases are attributable to CVS, obesity, and diabetes. These diseases are showing a worrying trend, and not only because they already affecting a large proportion of the population, but also because they have started to appear earlier in the life.
  • ·  Scientific study shows that with rapid economic development and increased westernisation of lifestyle in past few decades’ prevalence of lifestyle diseases has reached alarming proportions among Indian in the recent years. No doubt, health awareness is the need of the hour with the increasing complex challenges towards us in the 21st century.


Not only these data’s and statistics are shocking, the same thing I had observed on the personal level too. Being a physician and as an individual I had observed that “diseases especially chronic and life style diseases such as Asthma, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension and heart diseases are the major factor that creates a constant state of worry for most of the families. These diseases not only affect a single individual but put a negative pressure on whole family as well. The burden of these diseases, affect physical, mental, emotional, social and economic state of diseased individual. These diseases are main reason, that most of the people wouldn’t be able to enjoying their life at fullest.

After observing and analysing these facts, I always had a strong desire to motivate people, to make “health”, is one of the high priority in life. And when blog chatter has launched their blog projects and asked me, to choose any theme which I wish to use as subject for raising awareness among people. I was overwhelmed, and I had taken this golden opportunity to share my thoughts as #healthisDiamond project.

As we all know, taking necessary precautions and awareness are always better before the disease strikes. Through my blog chatter project, I want to raise awareness about the healthier life style that, of course includes eating healthy food and regular exercise. This thing will help in lower the risk of CVS and other life style diseases and in long term, it will increase optimism, productivity and contentment. My project will include these 4 topics:

  1. ·         Why health is so important? Here are some incredible reasons, why “HealthisDiamond”?
  2. ·         10 Obstacles standing between you and a healthy life style
  3. ·         A Complete guide to eat healthy with a busy lifestyle (20 realistic ways)
  4. ·         A complete guide to exercise regularly with a hectic life schedule


with this first post, I want to ask few questions?

v  Would you be able to maintain an ideal work-family-health lifestyle balance? Or you often struggled with it?
v  Do you think it is a high time to make health is a first priority?
v  Did you have a major wakeup call like me (after having a serious disease condition in the family or with yourself)?
v  Do you agree #HealthisDiamond? And we should try to raise awareness among people with our best possible effort?

Please share your experience, thoughts, and suggestions?

The post is a part of #Blogchatterprojects.



this post is also a part of #supemomcontest hosted by http://healthwealthbridge.com/ and http://kreativemommy.com/5-things-motherhood-no-one-told/



6 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to read all the posts in this series. I often feel we take "health" for granted (including me) and forget that health is not a choice. To answer your questions, Maintaining an ideal work-family-health lifestyle balance is a struggle but at the end of day it all boils down to one thing. Willpower.

    It is high time to make health as priority and everyone should work toward it. We are living in a society where we don't value the life. We work long hours if we are the employees and we ask people to work long hours if we are employers. It's high time that we need to challenge and change this mindset. We should start treating humans as humans and a healthy human will be more efficient.

    I am sorry to hear about your wake up call and noone should really go through a wake up call to take care of themselves.

    I totally agree #HealthisDiamond. We need awareness in many areas. For example: This is my personal observation in this last year. The number of women I know who became mothers went through c-section. Not even a single delivery was normal (for my Indian acquaintances). I am sure it is somewhere related to woman's health when they get pregnant but that percentage can't be 100%. I hate to say this but it feels like a money making business and it needs to stop. I will be keen to know your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first a big thank to you Manisha, for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts. I totally agree with you, Nowadays health and health industry both are not in very good condition. on one side, various lifestyle diseases and women alimnets become a routine part of life, another side health industry has become a money making business. agree, nowadays C-sections are so common and I think it is because of combination of various factors. it is a high time ti take action and raise awareness for our overall health. it is precious and we have to work hard to make it priority.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Manisha. All your angles sound interesting. So sorry to hear about your loss. My heart goes out to you. Am trying to maintain a balance between work, family, health but one of three suffers in turn. With rising obesity, health is a must today for everyone. Clothes not fitting, being 10+kg overweight is my wake up call. Health is diamond, ruby, everything- we should definitely do our bit to make everyone health conscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts. yes! i am also in same boat and trying to learn a balance between all areas of life. it is great to get connected with you through this project.

      Delete
  3. It is brave of you to share your pain.Health I believe is our true wealth too.Being healthy every day is my goal too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our health is worth everything. Let's face it - what good are we to ourselves, our families & our company if we don't have our health. plant based diet for diabetes type 1

    ReplyDelete