Thursday, March 15, 2018

#Week 5 #Superbloggerchallenge2018 with Instacuppa- "Garbh Sanskar During Pregnancy and its Amazing Benefits"

Hinduism is an Indian Dharma or a way of life, widely practiced in South Asia. It has been called the oldest religion in the world. It contains the broad range of philosophies and linked by various recognisable rituals. Garbh Sanskar is one of them. It is an ancient practice that can be traced back to ancient scriptures and included in the Vedas. It is a sort of prenatal education that helps in the physical, mental and spiritual development of an unborn child.

 What is the meaning of Garbh Sanskar?


Garbh Sanskar is a Sanskrit term that has been derived from two words. Garbh means the foetus in the womb and Sankar mean education. In simple words it means, educating the foetus in the womb. In Hinduism, it has been believed that "A child's mental and behavioural development get started as soon as he is conceived. His personality begins to take shape in the womb and this can be influenced by the mother's state of mind during pregnancy".

 During pregnancy, we can shape up our child's first impression by doing positive things such as by listening good music, reading good books and with the help of positive thinking.  Garbh sanskar is a set of practise that helps in achieving the same goal.

History of Garbh Sanskar


There are various well-known mythological stories has been associated with the performing Garbh Sanskar during pregnancy. Among them, "The story of Abhimanyu" is most popular. It has been believed that Abhimanyu, the son of Arjun learned how to enter the Chakravyuha (strategic arrangement of a worrier to entrap and defeat the enemy), when he was in his mother's womb. He had heard and remembered the narration and technique by Lord Krishna to Subhadra during her pregnancy. And unfortunately he had not learnt how to escape from the Chakravyuha and that was the reason, he was killed during the war.

The science behind Garbh Sanskar


Physician, biologist and other scientist also agree that conception marks the beginning of the life of a human being that involves a series of changes up to the birth of the child. There is scientific evidence that proves that a baby in the womb can respond to the outside stimulus and has the ability to listen.

 Early experiences prenatally during birth and in the first year of life have a lifelong effect on health and happiness of the child. These experiences can affect the child in both positive and negative ways. Scientific research shows that babies can experience their parent's intention and communication; even they do not understand the words. If a mother has a higher level of stress, fear or anxiety during pregnancy, it can cause a negative pressure on baby's nervous system and negatively affect his sleep, communication, eating even motor and cognitive development.

That's why it is very crucial that a pregnant mother should have a positive mindset and good mood during pregnancy and Garbh sanskar is the process that helps in achieving the physical, mental, spiritual, emotional and social development within the mother and unborn child.


How is the Garbh Sanskar performed?


There are many ways of educating an unborn child and facilitate the proper growth and development in a foetus. Some of the popular ways are mentioned below.

Talk to your child
You can talk to your child and make a positive communication when he or she is in the womb.

Positive thinking
It is always advisable for pregnant women to think positive and avoid excessive worrying and negative thoughts. Negative thoughts may cause a toll on the physical, mental and emotional state of pregnant women. Always think positive and try to retain a happy atmosphere around you, is useful for the health and personality development of an unborn child.

Reading good books
Reading good books that have a positive feeling and inspiring thoughts also helps in the spiritual development of the child.

Listening good music
Listening music not only soothes the mother, it is good for baby as well. It helps in removing the fear, anxiety and other negative feelings during pregnancy.

Yoga
Yoga has various great advantages during pregnancy. It minimises the discomfort and complications faced during pregnancy. It improves the circulation of blood, which really helps in dealing with different functional changes occurring in the body.

Benefits of Garbh Sanskar


Garbh Vidhya or Garbh Sanskar is not only helping in educating the unborn child, it has a great impact on the health of the mother as well. The positive thinking and attitude promotes the physical well-being of an expectant mother and forms a strong mother-child relationship. By practising Garbh sanskar,

  • ·         Baby will have better sleeping and breastfeeding habits
  • ·         They are more alert and confident
  • ·         More active at birth
  • ·         They bond with parents better


Did you have ever heard about the ""Garbh Sanskar"? What was your experience? Please share with us!

Note:

the post is a part of #SuperBlogggerChallenge 2018 Hosted by Healthwealthbridge.com  Allaboutthewoman.com  fashionablefoodz.com and should be not repurposed, republished or otherwise. the content is here owned by blogger. superbloggerchallenge2018 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused.















30 comments:

  1. I did yoga and listened to bhagwad gita during my pregnancy. I believe it did help. In some ways I think my second one came out educated and happy😊

    Namratha
    #SuperBloggerChallenge2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! great Namrata, agreed these things always help, thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. I have gone through each phase of garbha sanskar while being pregnant. There is a very renowned doctor called Dr. Tambe in Pune. He is an authority in Ayurvedic Medicine. He has a book and dvd of Garbha Sanskar. I would recommend it to each and every pregnant woman. Lovely post BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked the post, and It is great to know that you had followed this great ancient tradition. thanks a lot for your visit!

      Delete
  3. Very informative post, Surbhi! India is a land of such timeless and ancient wisdom which is now proven right by Science. Garbh Sanskaar is scientifically accurate as well...:) Please read my Week 5 post for #Superbloggerchallenge2018 here: https://thetinaedit.com/2018/03/16/lets-talk-blogging-superbloggerchallenge2018/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad Tina, you liked the post, Yes! India is a land of ancient wisdom, and if we try we can treasure our life with these great traditions. thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  4. Well detailed post and valuable information. Though, I am not making any more babies (lol), will share it with my preggo friends and would be mommies. #Superbloggerchallenge2018 #Instacuppa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Vartika, I am so glad you liked the post, thanks again for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  5. Yes, some very wise home truths are to be found in some of the ancient practices of India. #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 #InstaCuppa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  6. This article is going places dear Surbhi. Its well written and on point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks a lot Zainab, your words mean a lot to me, thanks again for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  7. Interesting. I have also read many things regarding this. And happy that I was able to do all the things you listed during my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really great dear, thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  8. Yes, I heard Garbha Sanskar during both the pregnancies and what a treat to my ears and mind. I used to feel so relaxed and quite while listening to the shlokas. I heard it in Marathi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is really wonderful Alpana, yes! it is really relaxing and give a peace to our mind, body and soul. thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  9. These are great advice for moms to be... In Malaysian Chinese culture we practise these too!!! Think all moms want the best for their babies as soon as they find out they are pregnant! Happy mommy= happy baby 😊

    Xoxo,
    Jamie Chaw
    (http://karmie080808.blogspot.sg/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! this is really great jamie, I am glad that you likes the post. thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  10. This is so helpful and interesting. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to have children. It seems to be good advice for all facets of life, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad Alice you liked the post, thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  11. Interesting post. No, I've never heard of Garbh Sanskar, but my babies were all "grown" surrounded by music, especially my third who suffered through his mother playing the piano accordion with the instrument balanced on my swollen belly! Maybe that's why all three are musical! (And maybe also why the youngest hates the accordion!) Improve your Life, Improve your Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really interesting to know about your children Shirley, I am glad you liked the post, thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  12. Very unique topic and extremely informative.
    True, many great thinkers n thinkings have originated in India.
    Kudos to u for this post.

    Pls read my week5 post for #superbloggerchallenge2018
    #Instacuppa
    https://www.talestotell.co.in/single-post/2018/03/17/Travel-Fantasies-realised-SuperbloggerChallenge2018-Instacuppa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad your liked the topics Aritra, thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  13. Wow! I am yet to get married but this post will be the on which I will remember when I am going to be a father. I agree with all the benefits and am happy to know about science behind garbh sanskar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked the post, it is really amazing and had so many benefits for pregnant woman and an unborn child. thanks a lot for visiting my blog and sharing your experience.

      Delete
  14. Ours is a rich culture only if we follow. Moreover the knowledge which is passed from generation to generation is precious. I tried to educated my child enough in the womb and the education is still on... And I want to confess one thing. I am a Big fan of vedic practices. I don't Know much but it amazes me everytime I come to anything.
    Mann💓
    #superbloggerchallenge2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mann, yes! agreed ancient indian tradition are so great and had so many benefits too, thanks again for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts!

      Delete
  15. Garb Sanskar is the time when the bond starts creating between a child and the mother. This is the sweetest time throughout the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As much as I intended to go for proper Garbh sanskar classes during both my pregnancies I couldn't find time for it. But yes, I believe we can do as much we can on a personal level by making sure the unborn baby feels loved, welcomed and is well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete